Welcome to the 'Expertisecentrum DAVID' (eDAVID)
Expertisecentrum DAVID (eDAVID) vzw
Expertisecentrum DAVID vzw is a centre of research and knowledge on digital archiving. The research domain of eDAVID concerns:
- digital born documents, specifically those produced in business and government processes and requiring long term preservation
- digitised documents, notably photographs, audio and video material present in archives, museums and libraries, etc.
To further its research, eDAVID proposes innovative initiatives aimed at:
- the development of archival strategies for digital heritage,
- the continuation of its role as incubator in the tradition of previous projects,
- promoting the development of methods, techniques, procedures and tools to support and enable durable digital preservation,
- implementing the recommendations of the UNESCO charter regarding the curation of digital heritage to prevent the loss of zodat geen informatie, art and heritage due to mismanagement,
- fostering cooperation with partniers in Flanders/Belgium and in Europe, notably through participation in European projects and networks.